Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break Re-Cap


Hey Guys! I hope your spring break was awesome- mine was! Firstly I'd like to announce that I GOT INTO ROWAN UNIVERSITY! WAHOO! haha. I'm super excited and I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulder. I honestly, hated community college. The professors were awesome, but the atmosphere was all-wrong. Nobody there wanted to be at school, the students generally had a bad attitude and didn't want to talk to anyone. I'll be living on campus in the fall ( I have no idea if I’ll be in a dorm or on campus apartment, I’m hoping for an apartment but transfers get last pick.) The fantastic part is, all of my credits transfer! I don't have to retake any classes ( as I would've had to if I got into Stockton College, no bueno!)


I also saw the Hunger Games, which I LOVED! I read the book literally a week before the movie came out ( I swear I had plans to read it way before that, i've just been super busy with school) Right now i'm on the second book in the series " Catching Fire" and i'm enjoying it so far! Have any of ya'll seen/read the hunger games? I adored Peeta <3

I also met up with a bunch of friends and went out to this amazing restaurant a few towns over in Collingswood called " The Pop Shop" If you're ever in the South Jersey/ Philadelphia area, I wholeheartedly recommend it!! It has amazing "All-American" type of food. With soo many milkshake options, desserts and my favorite, grilled cheese!! There’s literally probably about 100 different ways you can get your grilled cheese. My personal favorite was on a philly soft pretzel with a side of tomato soup. The best part? The Pop Shop is very reasonable and inexpensive. It has an amazing atmosphere.
The same night my friends and I, while walking around Collingswood ran into this taxidermy shop. ( Mind you, none of us ever have touched taxidermy before, nor have we ever seen a taxidermy type shop. I honestly have no idea why we were so excited to see it!) Thankfully the owner of the shop was really kind and let us take pictures with the animals. Here is one of MANY we took that night, we had way too much fun with it.
And to end this blog post, a picture my friend Callie and I took in an alleyway while in Collingswood, cute, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your college acceptance--SO exciting! Looks like you had a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My stepdad went to Rowan. You will enjoy your time there :)

    ReplyDelete